Situated in the village of Beaumes de Venise, the Domaine de Fenouillet, is pleased to tell you more about its family history.
In the 1900s, in the foothills of the “Dentelles de Montmirail” (mountain range sculpted by erosion), Casimir, (Patrick and Vincent Soard’s great-grandfather) was the first member of the family who began producing Rhone Valley wines and has been rewarded for its hard work.
In the 50s, his son Louis, took over and kept producing Muscat de Beaumes de Venise. This sweet wine is made from the prestigious Rhône Valley “Muscat à petits grains” grape variety.
One step at a time, the Domaine acquired more lands with news appellations such as Beaumes de Venise (red), Ventoux (red, rosé and white) and Côtes-du-Rhône (red). Yvon is Patrick and Vincent’s father. He keeps developing this exceptional vineyard by fostering respect and care for the environment and by transmitting its passion to the younger generations. Thus, the family has turned to organic wines in 2009 following organic viticulture and practices.
Not to end it there, the Domaine uses now biodynamic methods of production and isotherapy to protect its vines and let healthy lands to future generations. Beaumes de Venise wines are endless sources of inspiration. Indeed, we keep discovering incredible food pairings: try the exceptional experiment with the Cuvée Ancestrale Muscat and a young Comté cheese.
The 5th generation is committed to continue a long-standing family tradition. Viticulture and agriculture require specific skills and passion. Valentin is still studying in a wine school and Justine extends its skills with an International Wine Trade Master. They devote themselves every day to ensure the future development of the Domaine until the next generation.
Encouraged by their mother Nicole in 1988, Patrick and Vincent Soard decided to vinify again at the Domaine:
- Creation of a winery
- Furnishing of the wine cellar in the city of Beaumes de Venise and birth of their first wine in September 1989.
They pay tribute to the hard work and the ambition of their father, Yvon. Thanks to him, they continue to produce wines that reflect the exceptional vineyard of AOC Côtes-du-Rhône.
The 30 hectares of the Rhone Valley vineyard are composed as follows:
- AOC Beaumes-de-Venise (red wines) composed of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Carignan soon.
- AOC Ventoux composed of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Carignan for our red wines. Roussanne, Viognierand Vermentino for our white wines.
- AOC Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise composed of Muscat Blanc à Petits Grains and Muscat Rouge à Petits Grains.
- AOC Côtes-du-Rhône composed of Grenache and Syrah.
The vineyards of the Rhone Valley extend over 7 towns. They have well-exposed plots and exceptional soils:
- Sandy silica at Beaumes-de-Venise.
- Flinty pebbles at Saint-Hippolyte.
- Limestone and clay terraces in the heart of the Dentelles de Montmirail.